Los Valles Calchaquies, Salta - Argentina
Remote Adventure Amid a Natural Wonder
Available: All year
Best time: December through May
Your visit to the Argentine Northwest will fill you with memories, not only beautiful images of natural environments, but also pleasant moments shared with peasant families who open their homes and hearts to travelers to share their life, a unique cultural exchange that will allow you to meet a deeper Argentina.
Northwestern Argentina is one of the regions of the greatest diversity of landscapes and natural environments with a strong Andean influence on their customs and beliefs.From the subtropical forests of the Yungas to the aridity of the Puna, through the Altiplano crossing valleys and gorges, all framed by the imposing Andes Mountains. This variety is also reflected in the cultural aspect where the oldest Catholic celebrations coexist with Andean carnival celebrations and the Pachamama with its cheerful music Carnavalitos up as gauchos with Creole Folklore Zambas and farmers.
Services & Itinerary
day 1: Salta
day 2: Salta - Cachi - Santa Rosa
day 3: Santa Rosa - El Barrial - San Carlos - El Divisadero
day 4: El Divisadero - Cafayate - Playpen
day 5: Corralito - San Salvador de Jujuy
day 6: San Salvador - Purmamarca - Tilcara - Humahuaca
day 7: Ocumazo - Hornocal - Ocumazo
day 8: Ocumazo - Humahuaca - Salta
the program includes:
- All transfers between airports and hotels in the city of Salta.
- 7 days transportation with driver/guide Bilingual.
- City Tour in private service in Salta.
- 2 Night at higher-end hotels in the cities of Salta and Jujuy, with private bath and breakfast included.
- 5 nights accommodation with local families.
- All meals included during your stay with families (5 Lunches + 5 dinners, drinks water or soda)
- Entrances to Museums, National Parks and Archaeological Sites
- Activities listed in detail in the itinerary.
the program doesn’t include:
- Domestic Flights
- Alcoholic drinks
- Any service not mentioned in the detailed itinerary
Salta 'La Linda' (as it is known in Argentina)
Natural Reserve Quebrada de las Conchas - Cafayate
San Salvador of Jujuy - Parque Nacional Los Cardones
Humahuaca World Heritage Site (path Cultura).
Cerro 7 Colors - Serranías of Hornocal (14 colors)
Archaeological site Pucara of Tilcara