Cabalgata Cundinamarca, Colombia
Remote Adventure Amid a Natural Wonder
Available: All year long
Best time: October through May
Colombia is known for its excellent coffee and the purity of its emeralds, but this beautiful land also keeps another treasure, "El Paso Fino Colombiano," one of the most unusual and elegant horse breeds in the world. In Colombia's passion for horses, it is enormous! And that’s what this trip is all about, horses!
Our equestrian adventure begins in the eastern highlands of Colombia, in Cundinamarca, in the colonial hacienda La Casona. For the next eight (8) days you will be immersed in one of the most attractive horse cultures of the world.
Services & Itinerary
day 1: Bogotá - Cucunúba
day 2: Cucunúba – Hacienda La Cabaña
day 3: Sutatausa
day 4: Hacienda La Cabaña - Hacienda Potosí
day 5: Hacienda Potosí - Ráquira Silvestre
day 6: Ráquira Silvestre - Monasterio de la Candelaria
day 7: Monasterio de la Candelaria - Villa de Leyva
day 8: Villa de Leyva - Bogotá
the program includes:
- Transfer from and to Bogota.
- 06 nights accommodation at Colonial Haciendas (Ranches).
- 01-night accommodation at Hotel in Moniquira
- All meals from the lunch on the first day through breakfast on the last day.
- Local guides.
- Support vehicle to carry luggage between the Haciendas.
- Horses & tack, including saddlebags and raincoat.
the program doesn’t include:
- Personal Insurance ( required).
- International and local flights not included. Gateway is Bogota (BOG)
- Alcoholic beverages & soft drinks.
- Personal expenses
Immersion in the Colombian equestrian culture.
Riding one of the purest breeds horses, the Paso Fino Colombiano.
Cover part of the Eastern Cordillera, crossing of the desert of La Candelaria.
Visit to Haciendas, (Ranchs).