Available: All year
Best time: February through July
Cabalgata Colombia, Cundinamarca
Remote Adventure Amid a Natural Wonder
Colombia is known for its excellent coffee and the purity of its emeralds, but this beautiful land also keeps another treasure, "El Paso Fino Colombiano," one of the most unusual and elegant horse breeds in the world. In Colombia's passion for horses, it is enormous! And that’s what this trip is all about, horses!
Our equestrian adventure begins in the eastern highlands of Colombia, in Cundinamarca, in the colonial hacienda La Casona. For the next eight (8) days you will be immersed in one of the most attractive horse cultures of the world.
During the day your Colombian creole horse will be saddled, together you and your horse will be crossing the desert of La Candelaria and pulling through the province Cundinamarca to the tropical area of Santander. At nights you will enjoy staying in beautiful Colonial Haciendas (Ranches) where you will have the opportunity to share with local, discover its traditions and its rich and varied cuisine, the weather in this region is unique, with pleasant temperatures that will make your stay even happier.
Services & Itinerary
day 1: Bogotá - Cucunúba
day 2: Cucunúba – Hacienda La Cabaña
day 3: Sutatausa
day 4: Hacienda La Cabaña - Hacienda Potosí
day 5: Hacienda Potosí - Ráquira Silvestre
day 6: Ráquira Silvestre - Monasterio de la Candelaria
day 7: Monasterio de la Candelaria - Villa de Leyva
day 8: Villa de Leyva - Bogotá
the program includes:
- Transfer from and to Bogota.
- 06 nights accommodation at Colonial Haciendas (Ranches).
- 01-night accommodation at Hotel in Moniquira
- All meals from the lunch on the first day through breakfast on the last day.
- Local guides.
- Support vehicle to carry luggage between the Haciendas.
- Horses & tack, including saddlebags and raincoat.
the program doesn’t include:
- Personal Insurance ( required).
- International and local flights not included. Gateway is Bogota (BOG)
- Alcoholic beverages & soft drinks.
- Personal expenses
Immersion in the Colombian equestrian culture.
Riding one of the purest breeds horses, the Paso Fino Colombiano.
Cover part of the Eastern Cordillera, crossing of the desert of La Candelaria.
Visit to Haciendas, (Ranchs).