Cabalgata Gaucha, Brasil
Remote Adventure Amid a Natural Wonder
Available: All year long
Best time: October through May
Brazil offers a landscape diverse and beautiful as a backdrop, and the chance to sample the real gaucho world, and make no mistake, this is for real! The hardened gauchos and their agile beloved “Criollo” steeds make a formidable combination in the environment of their work.
The “Gaucho do Brasil,” the legendary South American cowboy, refuses to break with tradition which makes for; Dixit UNESCO: the gaucho way of life the liveliest equestrian culture in the world. The Brazilian Gaucho lives in the southern states of Santa Catarina, and the Rio Grande do Sul, and all have roots in Europe due to the large numbers of immigrants who arrived in the 18th & 19th centuries, pioneers mostly from Portugal, Spain, Italy, Germany, Austria, Holland, and Belgium
If you are dreaming of a unique equestrian experience and a thoroughly authentic riding holiday...... Well, this is it! The locals of Santa Catarina will welcome you to the traditional style! And this is just the start. The adventure starts in Coxilha Rica, a high plateau in the interior of the Southern state of Santa Catarina. Here at an altitude of about 1000m above sea level, in the heart of gaucho territory, you will be welcomed with open arms on an old Fazenda (Brazilian for Hacienda). For eight (8) days you will be immersed in the most appealing horse culture in the world.
Services & Itinerary
day 1: Florianópolis - Fazenda da Chapada
day 2: Fazenda da Chapada - Fazenda Rodeio Bonito
day 3: Fazenda Rodeio Bonito
day 4: Fazenda Rodeio Bonito - Fazenda Lua Cheia
day 5: Fazenda Lua Cheia - Fazenda Sâo Joâo Rancho
day 6: Fazenda Sâo Joâo - Fazenda Ferradura
day 7: Fazenda Ferradura - Fazenda da Chapada
day 8: Fazenda da Chapada – Florianópolis
the program includes:
- 07 nights of accommodation in authentic, rustic and comfortable farm rooms in different Fazenda.
- From dinner on the first day to breakfast on the last day.
- Specialized bilingual guide and Gaucho guides during the ride.
- Support vehicle to carry luggage between visited farms.
- Horses and Aperos, including saddlebags and a raincoat.
- Transfer from and to the Florianopolis Airport.
the program doesn’t include:
- Personal Insurance (required).
- International and domestics flights not included. Gateway is Florianopolis (FLN)
- Single Supplement: only possible if we have a single room available and in case we have single a room is not extra charged.
- Alcoholic beverages & soft drinks.
- Personal expenses
Enjoy the world equestrian culture alive.
Participation in the work tasks of the Ranches.
Crossing part of the old Route Colonial Los Tropeiros.
Visit to Haciendas with more than 200 years old.