Available: All year
Best time: October through May
Cabalgata Gaucha, Santa Catarina
Remote Adventure Amid a Natural Wonder
If you are dreaming of a unique equestrian experience and a thoroughly authentic riding holiday...... Well, this is it! The locals of Santa Catarina will welcome you in traditional style! And this is just the start. The adventure starts in Coxilha Rica, a high plateau in the interior of the Southern state of Santa Catarina. Here at an altitude of about 1000m above sea level, in the heart of gaucho territory, you will be welcomed with open arms on an old Fazenda (Brazilian for Hacienda). For eight (8) days you will be immersed in the most appealing horse culture in the world.
In the Cabalgata Gaucha of Santa Catarina, you do not have to be a top rider at all, but you must, of course, be a rider. The ride is suitable for intermediate to experienced riders. You should be confident on a horse at all paces. The pace is varied to include walk, trot, and canter. We have horses all levels. Together with the guide, you will choose according to your riding level, your height, weight, and preference the right horse in the stable.
The terrain consists predominantly of large lawn type fields, for both rider and horse a real dream terrain. There is daily sufficient time and space to enjoy a good trot and canter. The riding style is the relaxed Gaúcho style, similar to western riding and trail riding.
Services & Itinerary
day 1: Florianópolis - Fazenda da Chapada
day 2: Fazenda da Chapada - Fazenda Rodeio Bonito
day 3: Fazenda Rodeio Bonito
day 4: Fazenda Rodeio Bonito - Fazenda Lua Cheia
day 5: Fazenda Lua Cheia - Fazenda Sâo Joâo Rancho
day 6: Fazenda Sâo Joâo - Fazenda Ferradura
day 7: Fazenda Ferradura - Fazenda da Chapada
day 8: Fazenda da Chapada – Florianópolis
the program includes:
- Accommodation: nights in authentic, rustic and comfortable farm rooms in different Fazenda. Based on double-rooms, some have 3 & 4 bedded rooms.
- Meals: full board. From dinner first day to breakfast last day
- Guides & Gaúchos
- Backup Vehicle: brings your luggage to the daily overnight place/Fazenda
- Horses & tack, including saddle bags and raincoat
- Transfer: From the Airport of Florianopolis to the Fazenda and vice-versa
the program doesn’t include:
- Personal Insurance (required).
- International and domestics flights not included. Gateway is Florianopolis (FLN)
- Alcoholic beverages & soft drinks.
- Personal expenses
Enjoy the world equestrian culture alive.
Participation in the work tasks of the Ranches.
Crossing part of the old Route Colonial Los Tropeiros.
Visit to Haciendas with more than 200 years old.