Cruce de Los Andes Venezolanos
Remote Adventure Amid a Natural Wonder
Available: All year
Best time: June through March
This journey allows us to cross the Sierra Nevada National Park and Sierra de La Culata, allowing the traveler to discover the main rooms of the Cordillera de Mérida.
From submontane forests, intervened by man, through pristine and spectacular cloud forests, desert páramo to more than 4,000 m, and then finish down through cloud forests to the village of Mucumpis. It will be a unique experience in these particular tropics, where intertwine different and unique environments, climates, cultures, histories, and people.
Services & Itinerary
day 1: Barinas – Santa María de Canagua.
day 2: Santa María de Canagua - El Cienago.
day 3: El Cienago - El Carrizal.
day 4: El Carrizal - Los Morritos.
day 5: Los Morritos - Gavidia.
day 6: Gavidia – Mitibibó.
day 7: Mitibibó – El Banco – Los Romeros.
day 8: Los Romeros – Mucumpis.
day 9: Mucumpis - El Vigia
the program includes:
- Land Transfers
- One night of lodging in the Mucuposadas: Los Samanes, San José, El Carrizal, Michicaba, El Trigal and Los Bordones
- One night of camping in the Los Morritos and one night of camping in Los Romeros (includes tent)
- Includes all meals from the first-day dinner through last day breakfast
- One (1) allowance of 20 Kg. Of luggage per person to be carried by packhorses during travels
- Local guides
- 1 Saddle horse during the tour (riding)
- 1 Saddle horse, support for group (Trekking)
the program doesn’t include:
- Flight: international and local flights are not included.
- Sleeping bag for temperatures of -7.
- Travel insurance.
Traditional Andean agricultural landscapes,
Valleys of glacial origin, typical plants such as frailejones,
Living with Andean families, homes of mud and walls of stone much like the first inhabitants,
Culture linked to the cultivation of wheat and potato.