La Travesía Arekuna, Gran Sabana Venezuela
Remote Adventure Amid a Natural Wonder
Available: All year
Best time: July through September
This journey, a treat for lovers of hiking, allows us to submerge ourselves in the authentic green world of the Kavanayen Southeast. Its layout through jungles, savannas, rivers and mountains is the ideal dream of the lovers of the ”Lost World”. In addition, it is easy to get to know the communities on the edge of the Karuay and the Möwak, sharing beliefs, admiring skills, and learning about the simple world and daring of the Pemón Arekuna, hidden in the heart of the Gran Sabana.
Services & Itinerary
day 1: Kavanayen
day 2: Kavanayen - Salto El Hueso – Kaway Meru - Kosöricö
day 3: Kosöricö – Unatöi
day 4: Unatöi - Apauken
day 5: Apauken - Kavanayen
day 6: Kavanayen
the program includes:
- Transportation IN and OUT
- 2 nights lodging en posada en Kavanayen.
- 3 nights camping (includes tent)
- All meals, from dinner the first day through breakfast the last day.
- Local guides (Pemón).
- 1 Porter per person (20 Kg baggage maximum) the last day of the journey.
- Navigation in motor canoe (20 Kg baggage maximum per person)
- Transportation in 4x4 from Kavanayen to Karuay and vice versa.
the program doesn’t include:
- Flight: international and local flights are not included.
- You will need an ISOLATE and a SLEEPING BAG which put up with (+10°C/ 50°F).
- Travel insurance.
The integrated journey of Karuay Alto, involves us
in the life of the Pemón around one of its main rivers. Similarly, it takes us to a primitive and beautiful village where the community is cordial and accessible.
The visit to Techinene Merü is a complement that respectfully integrates us with nature and the culture that was founded on the tributary of the Caroní: the Karuay River.