Tres miradas y un pie de monte, Calderas Venezuela
Remote Adventure Amid a Natural Wonder
Available: All year
Best time: December through March
Along a lesser known route through the Barinas Piedmont area, we find the magical town of Calderas de Zaratán located between splendid cloud forests that still provide shade to the first coffee trees. We will visit the Curlew lookout in Agua Blanca by way of the intricate path of Escaleras, we mingle with the people from Calderas, we visit the crystal water waterfalls, and we ascend in the company of the cordial towns people from the San Ramon area to discover their routes in the Valle Encantado to the Gobernador foothills. The mountains along the ancestral road entryway lead us to Trujillo.
At the end, the sum of brief and good moments will fill us with a wonderful feeling:… an excellent adventure in the Piedmont!
Services & Itinerary
day 1: Transfer Barinitas – Agua Blanca: Excursión Vuelta a Las Escaleras.
day 2: Agua Blanca: Excursión al Pozo del Niño
day 3: Transfer Agua Blanca – San Ramón: Excursión Chorrerón de Las Monjas – Pozo Azul
day 4: San Ramón: Excursión Sendero del Café - Transfer San Ramón - Barinitas
the program includes:
- Transportation Barinas – Agua Blanca and San Ramón – Barinas.
- 2 nights in the Mucuposada Los Alcaravanes and 1 night in the Mucuposada Valle Encantado.
- All meals, from lunch the first day to lunch the last day.
- Daily excursions: Vuelta a Las Escaleras, Agua Blanca - Pozo del Niño, Chorreron de Las Monjas - Pozo Azul y Sendero del Café.
- Local Guides.
the program doesn’t include:
- Flight: international and local flights are not included.
- Travel insurance.
Montane Forest and Shade coffee farms,
Native and migratory birds, Rock formations, streams and rivers,
Bats and different mammals, evidence Spectacled Bear (larger ursid of South America.)