Camino Real de Torondoy
Remote Adventure Amid a Natural Wonder
Available: All year
Best time: December through May
This trip, Camino Real de Torondoy, allows crossing the La Culata range from the páramo at El Banco valley crossing over the desert páramo at over 4.000 m, down through cloud forests to the population of Mucumpis. For four days, part of the Sierra de la Culata National Park will be discovered; cold and imposing páramo environments are crossed until arriving at forests and areas under cultivation at an altitude of 1.600 m. Each day is a unique experience in these unusual tropics, where different and singular environments, climates, cultures, histories, and people intertwine.
Services & Itinerary
day 1: Mérida – El Banco
day 2: El Banco – Los Romeros
day 3: Los Romeros - Mucumpis
day 4: Mucumpis – El Vigia
the program includes:
- Transfer Mérida – La Toma and Mucumpis - El Vigia.
- 1 night of lodging in Refugio Ecológico Mesita Redonda and 1 night at the Mucuposada Los Bordones.
- 1 night of camping in Los Romeros (includes tent)
- Includes all meals from the first day lunch through the last day lunch.
- One (1) allowance of 20 Kg. Of luggage per person to be carried by pack horses during travels.
- Local guides.
- 1 Riding horse during the journey (Cavalcade).
the program doesn’t include:
- International and local flights are not included.
- Sleeping bag for temperatures of -7.
- Travel insurance.
High Andean Páramo humid with glacial lakes and emblematic vegetation.
Sacred Places for prehispanic mythology, held in the popular beliefs of the local residents, where strange and curious characters deities protect the waters under the figure of goblins and arches.